Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Big & Small

The first assignment in the course was to combine two images of yourself -- one big and one small and tell some sort of narrative.  Here's what I came up with:





(My coworkers were all quite confused as to what I was taking pictures of, but they should be used to my odd behavior by now.)

It seemed like a fun idea and provided ample opportunity for the demonstration of technical proficiency with Photoshop as well as divergent thinking so I challenged my students to create their own interpretations.  Here are a few examples of their work:


What I love about this sort of assignment is how completely open-ended it can be.  Of course, some students got stuck on obvious interpretations, but most really embraced the challenge and tried to come up with interesting interpretations.  I'll post more as more students complete the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment